Tuesday, August 23, 2005

TATTOO VERY MUCH

Several other older mothers have comforted me in my irrational fears of being the granny of the sandbox set at this back-to-school time. They’ve been there, done that, bought the Maalox. They made me feel lots better.

One wrote, “I have some cute spider veins happening on the inside of my left ankle, right where all the young moms get their tattoos! Problem is, my spider veins fan out asymmetrically and it looks like a tattoo gone bad.

“So now, not only am I the oldest mom of a fourth grader, I look like I tried and failed at getting a decent tattoo! When you add the streaking self-tanner to that, I'm sure all the hip, young moms will pity me on the first day of school!”

------------------------------------------------

Prayer request: A baby boy named Reese, just two months old, has been diagnosed with cancer. His parents live in Kansas, and his mother, Anita, is the best friend of the niece of my neighbor. The family is requesting immediate prayers for a miracle. Lord Jesus, we know You hold this family in Your hand, and Your will is sovereign and always just. But Lord, this is a little bitty baby, and he deserves a healthy, long life. You would bring much glory to Your Name by granting this miracle of healing. Lord of love, thank You for Your peace and comfort. Thy will be done. (Philippians 4:6,7)

No comments: