Friday, August 19, 2005

BRUNO, THE VEGETARIAN

Having just returned from the North Woods on the Canadian border, where we had dinner at a little café whose founder developed a wonderful habitat for black bear and had a lot of great pictures around, I was shocked when I received this coupon from a local grocery store:

$1 OFF BLACK BEAR DELI MEAT

Ewwww!

I know, I know, it’s a brand name. But I’d like to see them try to market that up in Orr, Minn.

------------------------------------------------

Praise report: Thank You, Father, for encouraging and guiding my friends at the Boys and Girls Club in inner-city Omaha. They had a breakfast for more than 150 people yesterday morning to raise funds and friends. It went wonderfully. The needs of youth in the older parts of the Omaha metro are so great, Lord, but You have raised up these caring people to come alongside kids and keep them out of gangs and onto the right track. Grant them growth and success, and inspire me and others like me, with resources to help, to turn toward them, and not away. (Matthew 25:40).

No comments: