Tuesday, August 30, 2005

BUT CAN THEY GET OUT THE GREEN JELL-O?

We’re having the softball team and coaches over for dinner tomorrow night, and out-of-town guests the following week. I’ve been wondering what to do about the Green Jell-O Holocaust on the off-white carpet in Maddy’s room. I guess I’ll have to accidentally leave a pile of laundry on top of the big spot if anybody wants a house tour.

I know better than to put off-white carpet in a kid’s room, but oh, well. She knows not to eat in her room, but . . . ditto. She snuck some kind of mint-green powder candy in there last spring. Naturally, it spilled, and then it got wet, and the pro carpet cleaner tried his best but it’s just one of those Cat in the Hat blobs that won’t go away.

But I guess I shouldn’t have been so persnickety about stain removal. When my hubby was driving our daughter back to North Carolina over the weekend, they saw this huge billboard, in full view of the St. Louis Arch, as they were entering the mean streets of East St. Louis:

SUICIDE? HOMICIDE?
LET JERRY’S BIOCLEANUP SERVICE HELP!!!

Eww! Eww! Ewwww! Somebody should tell the economic development people about that billboard. If that’s a common consumer need in East St. Louis, I hope my loved ones didn’t even roll their windows down while passing through.

------------------------------------------------

Prayer request: A great and good old friend, Jane, has gotten a marvelous new promotion and is moving from Raleigh, N.C., to Washington, D.C. She has been very content in Carolina, but this is a great opportunity. Strengthen her as she makes all the preparations, and bring her a solid buyer for her house just as soon as possible, Lord. She’s a good egg who deserves a smooth move. (1 Timothy 6:6-8)

No comments: