Wednesday, September 29, 2004

WOK AROUND THE CLOCK?

I was trying out my new wok. I bought it yesterday as Plan B for cooking dinner. I needed a Plan B because the electrician said he couldn’t get here for over a week to come fix our stove. I’d always wanted a wok, anyway, especially since it’s great for Atkins-style meals and can double as a skillet

Filled with self-pride over having put the wok together myself, even though I’m hardware-challenged, I told a friend on the phone about my new purchase. I was using it at that moment to prepare meat for dinner.

Suddenly, I was overcome by pun fumes:

“You’ve got to wok before you can run, much less fry,” I told her.

Hope she can wok off the pain of being punned.

--------------------------

Prayer request: We ask your blessing, Lord, on a weekend visit of a dear one’s daughter, Caroline. She is in Wisconsin ‘’meeting the parents’’ of her gentleman caller. May she be just as gracious and charming as ever, may there be love expressed for Jesus Christ in their home, and may the encounter be mutually delightful and rooted wholly in You. (Psalm 119:27)

No comments: