Friday, September 10, 2004

A BUNNY, A TIN CUP AND A CANE

We went in to pick up my husband after Lasik surgery. Maddy had insisted on wearing her bunny costume. So the first thing he saw was her beaming freckled face framed by white furry ears. He must have questioned whether the surgery ‘’took.’’

I brought along a tin cup and a cane, just to be hilarious. The office staff thought Maddy was a lot cuter. I would have brought my friend’s German shepherd on a halter leash too, but thought that would be just a little too over the top. Not that the bunny costume was subtle.

The surgery was a huge success. Dave was marveling about being able to see so well, so soon afterward. Even though he was supposed to rest in a dark room, he insisted on going down to Nebraska City for our daughter’s softball game. Of course, I drove. Within the first few miles, I was kind of wishing the surgery HADN’T ‘’taken.’’ He was criticizing my rate of speed, my lane-changing, and the distance between me and the car ahead.

Near-sightedness has its joys. But I’m just kidding.

This eye surgery is an absolute miracle, and we’re extremely grateful for the prayers and medical knowhow that combined to make it such a success.

But now I’m envisioning the next step: he was the guinea pig. Since it worked for him, we’ve already agreed . . . I’m next.

--------------------------

Prayer request: I’ve met a wonderful father named Randy, whose wife went off the deep end with a gambling addiction. There’s been a divorce and there is ongoing conflict over interactions and custody matters, though the kids are doing great in school and appear to be adjusting well. I promised to pray for him and his two children, a boy who’s 14 and a girl who’s 8. Would you join me? Savior God, thank You for Randy’s strength and integrity. Envelop them with Your grace and protection. (Psalm 41:12)


No comments: