Monday, September 13, 2004

MONDAY MORNING COFFEE

I either have M.S., or my eyes are bleary because it was a busy weekend and I stayed up too late doing laundry, and my hands are stiff because I peeled and cut a gigantic butternut squash from our garden for my favorite soup yesterday, and it took some doing.

Ooooh. Monday morning. Ooooooooooh.

Got Maddy in the carseat, finally, and was hurrying her to preschool, but before we left, I made sure to microwave myself up a cup of hot c for the trip.

We hit the road. I had just lifted it to my lips for a big gulp and a big “Ahhhh!” and was holding it aloft with my right hand when Maddy piped up:

“I HEARD ON THE RADIO THAT YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO DRINK AND DRIVE!’’

Now, there’s a Monday morning eye-opener. I mean, literally!

--------------------------

Prayer request: Along these same lines, a reader has offered a prayer request on behalf of all those people out there who are struggling with addictions of all kinds. She works in a health-related field, and knows the extent of this problem in our society. Lord, Lord, we call upon You to free Your children and turn their hearts and minds only toward You. (1 John 2:16,17)

No comments: