Tuesday, September 28, 2004

A HORSE STORY OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

I’ve been one-upped, bigtime. A friend read my story Sunday about the time my horse tried to get me off his back, literally, by crouching down low to the ground and hoping I’d jump or fall off. This friend has a much wilder, more colorful crazy-horse story.

First of all, it happened in Pakistan. That’s a lot more colorful than the grassy hills around Mount Laundry, Nebraska.

Second, he didn’t fall off, either . . . but his horse ran him into the middle of a lake, and then rolled so that my friend was underwater.

He wasn’t trying to buck him off. He was trying to DROWN him off!

To save his own life, he groped around, nearly upside down, underwater, and pulled that horse’s nose down under water, too. The instant the horse realized that the crazy man in the saddle was willing to drown him WITH him, he righted himself. They swam to shore. The kicker is, they became good friends and lived happily ever after.

I bow in the presence of greatness. Far be it from me to even try to top that one. Neighhhhhhh.

--------------------------

Prayer request: A reader named Bernadette had laser eye surgery last week, and it went well. She plans to have the other eye done this week. She asks for prayers for that, and for her daughter, who very recently had breast cancer surgery. ‘’We were praying that she would not require chemo, but I know we don't always get what we want,’’ Bernadette wrote. ‘’She will be having a port placed this Thursday, and starts chemo Friday followed by radiation. She and we, her family, are devastated.’’ Father God, comfort and sustain her in these trials, and remind her she can lean on Jesus, Who is with her always. (Matthew 28:20)

No comments: