Thursday, September 15, 2005

LITTLE MISS COMEDIENNE

Maddy and I had just read a bedtime story in which the dad had tenderly called the son “Little Mister.”

So I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised when I tucked her in, kissed her goodnight, and started lumbering up the stairs, only to hear her call:

“Good night, BIG MADAME!”

Made me feel like a housemother at Hooter’s who needs to go back on Atkins. Which actually isn’t all that far off.

------------------------------------------------

Praise report: I just heard about a young adult believer who has just managed to lose 35 pounds by merely watching what she eats and exercising daily. She feels great about life now, after some bouts with depression and other difficulties. Oh, Lord, we praise You and bless You for this turnaround. It’s evidence that, with You, we can defeat anything that besets us – anything! May she give You the glory and stay under Your wing . . . and may the old, tired “Big Madames” out here get the gumption to follow her lead! (1 John 4:4)

No comments: