Monday, September 26, 2005

JOSHUA FIT THE BATTLE OF . . . COMPUTER VIRUSES?

I was pouting this morning about the apparent computer virus attack on my computer. I'm having to type this elsewhere and it feels funny not to have my own computer and email systems at work.

But I got the telltale message, "FATAL SYSTEM ERROR," on the screen late Friday night. I'm pretty sure it was a PUP -- Potentially Unwanted Program -- that I was trying to destroy earlier in the day, and couldn't. The guru who I hope can come and figure out what happened and retrieve my stuff has not yet called back. So I'm in limbo.

As usual, my Bible has been my guiding light. It opened this morning to Joshua 7:12. Joshua had been pouting, too, over an apparent battle defeat despite his having followed God's instructions diligently on how to take the Promised Land. God revealed to him that some of his people had looted stuff from the pagans, some gold and silver, against God's specific instructions.

Until Joshua got rid of that "accursed thing," they could never prevail. So they rooted it out, and lived happily ever after.

A computer virus is keeping me from the Promised Land of trouble-free publishing -- so here's hoping my guru can help me get rid of THAT "accursed thing."

--------

Prayer request: Father, protect all of us who have computers from malevolent viruses, and help us take the steps to protect ourselves that You have provided for our safety. Help us to remember that Joshua dealt with a "virus" among his people, and won in the end. (Joshua 8:1)

No comments: