Saturday, March 26, 2005

SEEING BEYOND THE CAMERA LENS

Our daughter Eden got to have a free photo session for her senior pictures at a leading studio yesterday. As one of five representatives from her school, she’ll get great discounts on her pictures in return for helping promote their services and model some of the poses and effects they can do.

The two photographers were smooth as silk, and skilled at making mom and daughter feel at ease. At one point, I went back to her dressing room to get her state softball championship medal for her “jockette” pose.

When I returned, the photographer paused, narrowed his eyes, and stared at me.

“Do you have a little yellow puppy?” he finally asked.

I was amazed. “Yes, our new Lab, Sunny! How did you know that?”

He smiled, and pointed to his forehead. “I have ESP.”

I was impressed. Then he paused again, narrowed his eyes even further, and inquired, “Do you have a strawberry cookie jar?”

My eyebrows must have hit the high ceiling. “That’s creepy! Yes, I do! Oh, my gosh! You have a gift! This is just too weird. . . .”

Too late, I beheld the smirk on my daughter’s well-scrubbed face. They high-fived each other.

HEYYYY!!! SHE SET ME UP!!!!

But you know what? Her pictures from that point on were beautifully relaxed and her already-beaming smile was even brighter, at old Mom’s expense.

But old Mom was happy about that. A good picture’s worth a thousand put-ons.

-----------------------


Prayer request: Thanks and praise, Lord Jesus, for the reappearance of a missing person. David, the manic depressive son of a friend’s friends, surfaced in his Pacific Northwest location and called home, safe and sound. Just as we’d prayed, a Christian man from a church where David had attended AA meetings befriended him and offered him some work. Thank You, Father, for this contact. Send the Holy Spirit to work in David’s heart and mind to resume therapy and medication, and let his family know where he is and how he’s doing. (John 16:7)

No comments: