Saturday, March 12, 2005

DREAM JOB

I was taking Maddy and a 5-year-old friend named Andrew downtown to the Children’s Museum when he started chattering about how much he likes going to his church.

There are no STRRRRRRANGERS there, he explained. I could tell his parents had warned him about STRRRRRRANGERS.

He enjoys seeing Annie, another little friend from their preschool circle, who quit coming to preschool but attends that church with her family.

And he likes the “talker.” The “talker” is named Pastor Mike. He’s “really, really nice.”

Talker? That sounds like a fun job. My husband says I’m a really, really experienced talker. I wonder if it’s too late for me to go to “talker school” and do that for a living?

------------------------------


Praise report: Our neighbor Steve has organized a work detail to help out an older couple who have a lot of downed limbs from the high winds this past week and other tasks that need to be done. My husband is helping along with several other neighbor men. That’s finishing the work of Jesus, a wonderful purpose. Father, may it please Your heart that these men are giving up their Saturday mornings in this way. Bless their efforts in the hearts of that dear couple and all who hear of this kindness. (John 4:34)

No comments: