Thursday, March 03, 2005

HE ATE A WHOLE BOX?

Meth addicts struggle hour by hour.

Alcoholics struggle day by day.

But Girl Scout cookies addicts can go a whole year without giving in to the temptation to carbo-load themselves into oblivion. I’m afraid I succumbed to my annual Thin Mints obsession yesterday.

I told myself they would make me thin. Dang! Never believe advertising claims. Before I knew it, I’d eaten a whole box.

Blurb, blurb, blurb. I was feeling pretty bad about myself until Maddy came home from preschool and announced that Jacob’s brother had eaten a whole box.

I thought I was caught. I asked mildly, “Imagine that! A whole box of Girl Scout cookies?”

Noooooo. A whole box. Just a box. A cardboard box.

Ohhhhhh.

Bet that whole box wouldn’t make you thin either. . . .

-------------------------


Praise report: Our college daughter Neely hit two home runs with one email to her father yesterday. First, she thanked him for paying her sorority bill. How many young adults ever think of that? And then she said she had found a dress for the big formal dance this weekend for $16. She’s such a clotheshorse, you KNOW it’s pretty, too. Father God, we praise You for the thoughtful and frugal people in our lives. Bless Neely for her lovely ways. (Psalm 147:13)

No comments: