Wednesday, March 23, 2005

FENG HOOEY

Most practical people realize that Feng Shui is a bunch of hooey. But it can still come in handy.

I got an email on housekeeping tips to that effect. See, my husband is a neatnik, but I am a terrible piler. Several places in the house, you will see my leaning towers of partially-read books, magazines, newspapers, brochures, letters, bills, jelly sandwiches, and who knows what all else.

But now, I can claim that these haphazard towers actually provide the valuable Feng Shui aspect of a tiger, thereby reducing our “vulnerability.”

If I roll my eyes when I say it, as in, “EVERYONE knows this!” do you think my hubby will buy it? I don’t, either, but that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

---------------------------

Prayer request: A friend’s daughter has a friend in her early 20s who has just come up pregnant with her third child out of wedlock. Oh, Father, that baby is going to need You in that mother’s life. Meet her needs as only You can. Surround her, oh God, with wise advisors and friends to help her turn toward You and away from the life she’s been leading, for the benefit of those children. (Psalm 32:8)

No comments: