Thursday, July 01, 2004

OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES. . . .

I’m a chatterbox. Always have been. I talk a mile a minute. The few times in my life I’ve had larangytis, my loved ones have fallen to their knees in thanksgiving.

Well, everyone says Miss Maddy, age 4, is just like me. She also gives a running daily commentary on the passing scene, only hers is complete with adorable lisps (“May I pleathe have thome muthtard?”) and at times, deep insights.

She has developed a summer cough, though. She wasn’t feeling well last night in the car on the way home from a shopping expedition. Uncharacteristically, she fell silent. But not before she said:

“Ooooh! I need to rest my words.”

Thinking of certain situations I’m dealing with right now, that’s about the best possible advice.

--------------------------

Prayer request: We continue to pray for Kenny, who is in a coma after being electrocuted on the job . . . for Peggy and coworkers in an office where the manager committed suicide last week . . . and for Janet, balancing a light heart with a heavy heart as she feverishly puts the finishing touches on a wedding this weekend while grieving for her mother, who died recently. Lord, give them all strength and sustenance. (Psalm 55:22)

No comments: