Wednesday, June 30, 2004

I DON’T?

Yesterday the girls talked me into going to the swimming pool. I haven’t been in a swimsuit in public for years. I’m 105 years old, and look it, while all the other moms seem to be in their 20s, with six-pack abs.

“Come on, Mom,” the girls cajoled yesterday. “Get your suit on, and let’s go.”

“I don’t want to!” I whined. “I’ll look hideous!”

“Come ON!”

They won, although I wished I had a bag over my head.

The pool was absolutely packed. I was reluctant to take off my cover-up, but finally did.

Maddy, 4, instantly appeared by my side. She said patronizingly:

“YOU DON’T LOOK HIDEOUS!”

She’s just like her father; that’s his idea of a compliment, too.

--------------------------

Prayer request: Thank You for the kindness of our daughter Jordan’s co-workers, who gave her a darling balloon bouquet for her 21st birthday yesterday. They are adults and she is just “summer help,” but it is heartwarming to have her inauguration into adult life marked by thoughtfulness and encouragement to match her style, instead of hauling her to the bar scene to “CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!” They see You in her, Jesus, and that makes me glad. Prosper that restaurant, Lord, to reward them. (1 Corinthians 2:14)

No comments: