Monday, April 24, 2006

SURPRISING SMOKE

We are G-rated. Actually, beyond G-rated: we are N-rated – for “Nerd.”

That’s why I was shocked yesterday when my beloved asked, “What would you like to SMOKE tonight?”

WHAAAAT? How had this bastion of propriety, this captain of industry, this upstanding citizen degraded himself so far, so fast?!?

I turned and saw that he was gazing lovingly at the MEAT SMOKER he had purchased some months before, sitting on the back porch still shiny and unused.

Whew. I thought I was going to have to get a tattoo, some piercings and a motorcycle to go with the Maalox and Depends I’m going to have to start buying some day soon. At my age, a “pot party” is a chili feed, “getting high” is what’s happening to gas prices, and “getting wasted” is what happens to the extra fat you cut off the meat BEFORE you smoke it.

Party on, Senior Dudes!

No comments: