Tuesday, January 31, 2006

ROASTER EVOLUTION

Footnote to Monday’s lament about cleaning Old Beige, our long-neglected garage refrigerator, from a reader who tells one on herself:

“It reminds me soooo much of the time I found in my basement's old refrigerator a whole turkey roaster full of mostly gravy. I TRULY think (her husband) must have taken it downstairs when I collapsed after a holiday -- I don't remember which one but probably Thanksgiving.

“I cannot honestly say how many months had passed but I DO know that I had started my own little world in that roaster. I was sure I saw life forming in the brown depths of the remains. Probably little amoebic things that were getting ready to become seas, mountains, rivers, and even some little Texans.

“I wish I had taken a picture of it but of course I couldn't do THAT! Lawzy me, I didn't want any of my friends or cousins (let alone my mother -- or sister-in-law) -- to know.”

No comments: