Wednesday, January 25, 2006

HAVE A NICE . . . TRIP . . . TO THE GYM

We have joined the new fitness center in our small town, and it’s great. It also has a number of fun classes to divert young children while their parents attempt to reshape their maggot-like bodies. (Speak for yourself, eh? Well, “accuracy in media” is my middle name.)

Anyway, Maddy was excited about this new development in her otherwise routine house-bound winter schedule. She was getting a little bored with giving her Furbys rides on her skateboard on our wood floors, setting up a play school for her stuffed animals, and drawing endless pictures of flowers, hearts and teddy bears.

Hours before her first tumbling class, though, she was worried about all the food I had put on her plate for lunch:

“I can’t eat all this, because then I would be too pudgy, and I couldn’t go STUMBLING.”

No comments: