Tuesday, November 15, 2005

MOM GETS BUSTED

There I was, at Parents’ Weekend at our daughter’s sorority house, trying to be on my best behavior. All the OTHER parents were charming, intelligent, sophisticated and gracious, and I was doing my best to try to fit in and make a good impression.

But I forgot about Maddy the Social Atom Bomb. Immediately, she was surrounded by a dozen laughing co-eds as she pulled her shirt sleeve up, applied her soft little 5-year-old lips to her forearm, and started making very rude, very loud noises, to gales of laughter from her appreciative fans.

The room went quiet and all eyes were on this coarse bathroom humor and the shocked but entertained laughter of the college girls.

I was doing my best to frown and sigh and throw up my hands in despair, scandalized over this unruly daughter’s uncivilized, immature behavior.

We had to leave. We called for Maddy to hurry up. All eyes were on us now. And then Maddy, bursting with pride over her hilarity and fame, said:

“MOM! YOU CAN DO TOOT NOISES, TOO! DO YOURS!!!”

No comments: