Monday, November 21, 2005

HELPFUL LITTLE WEIGHT WATCHER

OK, it’s true, I fell off my diet some decades ago. But I don’t need any reminders besides my mirror and my bathroom scale.

Meanwhile, Maddy has been enjoying demonstrating a kid-control technique she picked up in her carpool to kindergarten:

“This is what you’re doing” (fingers of right hand mimic a talking puppet)

“This is what you NEED to be doing” (five fingers touch as if the puppet has shut up)

We kind of like it. We use it on each other.

Well, yesterday, I was having lunch with Maddy and Eden. I guess at some point I must have complained about being fat for the upcoming holidays, when Maddy looked at me impishly and burst out with:

“This is what you’re doing” (two hands alternate rapid stuffing of imaginary food in her mouth)

“This is what you NEED to be doing” (arms cross)

Think of the millions that could be saved in Weight Watchers, Atkins, hypnosis, stomach-stapling and all the rest, if people would just heed that simple advice.

The little stinker.

No comments: