Friday, November 04, 2005

BASKETBALL HAIR

I think it was the lady with Farrah Fawcett “wings.” You remember: sweeping clouds of bangs teased up and all around your face, like a lioness. It stuck out so far, it would clunk going through doorways. So, so early ‘70s.

I saw her the other day, and a chill ran up my spine. Was my hair that unfashionable? I’d been wearing my hair essentially the same all my life. It was just parted on the side, and hung down. That was about it.

So I sought the sage advice of the hairdo swami, and got a new ‘do.

Now it’s angled longer in front. And they chopped off some at the sides so that it has more “movement.” And I can pull up a few sections at the crown and tease them with a comb if I want more height.

Movement? Height? This isn’t a hairdo! This is a basketball team!

But since quite a few people have noticed, and complimented it, it’s not just basketball hair – it’s a slam-dunk!

No comments: