Wednesday, August 11, 2004

A PRAYER FOR CRYSTAL

Yesterday was Old Home Week at the softball fields. Our daughter plays on a summer team with girls from six different high schools. They finished 19th at Nationals and had a week off, and now they’re all back at a pre-season tournament at Creighton University in Omaha, only this time they’re all playing for different teams.

So I had fun trash-talkin’. I got my belly right up to the belly of the dads of our teammates now on opposing teams, and hurled the two trash-talkin’ epithets I know:

“Yo’ Mama!”

and

“We gonna bring the WOOD!”

When Eden got up, I did my Egyptian dance right and left to taunt the opposing crowd. True to form, she got hit by a pitch twice — it’s her secret weapon; she crowds the plate — and they taunted me back that next time I should put SADDLEBAGS on her.

Anyway, we came home and remarked at how much we loved these other families and how we would miss them in the fall softball season.

Well, we got the news this morning that two of our girls were in a bad traffic accident in west Omaha last night. One, thank God, was treated and released, but the other, Crystal, is in critical condition with a ruptured spleen and liver, and a broken jaw. I’m on my way down there right now to hold her adorable mother’s hand and try to pass on the Savior’s strength and peace to her. I’d ask you to pray for Crystal, too. I’m centering on Psalm 107.

We need your prayers because, in and out of softball, we are family. And this is a beautiful young Christian girl who needs her family around her today.

Thank you.

--------------

PRAYER REQUESTS: Two other matters seek prayer. A good friend from Bible Study Fellowship had a lymph node removed from the front of her neck yesterday. We pray that Betty’s results will come back normal, in the lovely Name of Jesus. And another Godly woman, Karen, has two sons en route today to the Olympics in Greece. Karen raised her sons beautifully and at Christmas Nick, 30, gave this trip to Michael, 23, for a special time together. We pray for safety for their travels, and peace of mind for their mom. (Psalm 107:21)

No comments: