Saturday, June 19, 2004

NUMBERS

I’ve been writing the last few days about nicknames, and then yesterday, I finished my Father’s Day story. It’s about my beloved Dad, who has been gone for a dozen years.

I got in the car and was riding along in this teeming metropolis, minding my own business, when here came a car with this license plate:

NUMBERS

I had to laugh. Dad was a CPA. That was his nickname!

What are the odds? Too big to count!

--------------------------

Prayer request: Praise for the good result of Karen’s heart procedure, yesterday’s prayer request. She feels tons better. Thank You, Father! Today we pray for a breakthrough in the weight battle that another friend, Jean, is having. Her clothes don’t fit! Help her discover why . . . and how to slim down to where she wants to be . . . but remind her that she’s very beautiful any old how. (Job 40:10)

No comments: