Wednesday, June 09, 2004

GARDEN PUNS

Everybody knows there are plants in a garden, and bugs in a garden. But did you know there are CORNY JOKES in a garden, too?

There are, if you are twisted like a clematis vine, like yours truly. I’d forgotten my secret puns of last season, when I remodeled both sides of our front porch with some of my favorite perennials.

As the mother of four daughters, I got a big yuck out of putting these three plants together:

Maiden grass

Impatiens

Bridal veil spirea

Hardy har har.

Boys, beware: it’s not just a garden. It’s a PLOT!

--------------------------

Prayer request: A young friend named Amanda is up for the presidency of her high school’s Student Council. The election is today. She is a fantastic young person and a committed Christian who has done a lot to build Your kingdom. Oh, Lord, reward Your servant and bless her classmates by working to grant her this high honor and much-deserved responsibility. (John 12:26)

No comments: