Wednesday, February 15, 2006

TENDERNESS, ROMANCE AND A NEW SUMP PUMP

Some women get diamonds. Some women get pearls. Some get dark chocolate, roses or a frisky negligee.

But I? I get a new SUMP PUMP for Valentine’s Day!

Workers are expected to be here all day, putting in a powerful unit that probably could have saved New Orleans from the deluge, and certainly will protect my 49,000 boxes of pointless junk and old papers in the basement storage room.

I was whining to a friend about the utter lack of romance in this year’s Valentine’s Day developments. She begged to differ:

“There's nothing as beautiful as the sound of a new sump pump after a five-inch spring downpour.”

Is there no hope, Cupid? Cupid? Oh, no! He’s got his nose buried in the latest issue of Popular Mechanics. I can just imagine what I’ll get NEXT year.

No comments: