Monday, December 13, 2004

SHILLY SHOES

Nothing like being bested by a 4-year-old to recalibrate one’s self-esteem.

We were rushing to put on Maddy’s shoes and socks to get her to a birthday party when I misspoke. I said, ‘’Put on your s’oes and shocks.’’

She retorted, ‘’My Susan shocks? What are my Susan shocks . . . Susan?’’

She collapsed in laughter. It’s highest humor when a child has an opportunity to call a parent by the first name.

So then we did a tongue-twister, and she beat me, hands down. Can you say this three times without sloshing?

Shoes, socks, shoes . . .

Shoes, socks, shoes . . .

Shoes, socks, shoes . . .

Sheesh.

-------------------------

Praise report: I am thankful that my beloved made it home safely from his hunting trip last night in the high winds, hauling his new Rhino ATV on a trailer. I am grateful for a husband who’s coordinated enough to strap that machine on securely. All I’d know to use is duct tape. Thank You, Lord, for my manly man and the angels who watch over him. (2 Chronicles 32:7)

No comments: