Saturday, December 11, 2004

OUT OF THE OFFICE

Sometimes when I send an email to someone who has an actual paying job in an actual professional office, but they aren’t in, their fancy-pants computer sends me an ‘’Automatic Reply – Out of the Office’’ notice.

I’m impressed. I don’t have anything cool like that. When I’m busy or out of town, I just don’t reply to emails for a while.

But a friend sent these sample ‘’Out of the Office’’ messages, and now I’m eager to get my own in place, so I can play the V.I.P.

Take your pick:

I am out of the office. Please be patient. Your mail will be deleted in the order in which it was received.

Hi. I’m thinking about what you just sent me. Please wait by your PC for my response.

I will be out of the office for the next two weeks for medical reasons. Upon my return, email will no longer by accepted by ‘’Steve.’’ Instead, send messages to ‘’Loretta.’’

-------------------------

Prayer request: The adage, ‘’Out of sight, out of mind,’’ is totally untrue at Christmastime. I have several friends and loved ones who are suffering the loss of someone important in their lives and this is their first Christmas without them. Holy Spirit, come to them and refocus them on what they’ve gained, not what they’ve lost. Fill their hearts with the Christmas spirit, which is the spirit of Jesus Christ and His promise of eternal reunion -- Christmas forever with the ones we love. (Psalm 117:2)

No comments: