Tuesday, October 25, 2005

LITTLE SPONGES, LITTLE MIRRORS

I’m not the only mom who has heard her own occasional verbal slips echo back from the innocent lips of a little one. Oh, those pitchers and their big ears. A friend wrote:

“When Scott was just 2, I was strapping him into his child-seat in the back seat of my car. My mom was waiting patiently outside the car, ready to open the passenger door as soon as I had Scott strapped in safely. Scott and I were going to lunch with Grandma, and we were all pumped.

“I could not get the seatbelt into the lock, because I could not see it around the carseat. So, I was reaching, groping blindly, and struggling, and making frustrated grunting sounds as I struggled right in front of -- and over -- quiet, patient Scott.

“Mom said from outside, ‘What's the matter?’ And I muttered as I groped over the carseat, ‘I just can't seem to get the seatbelt fastened, Mom.’

“At that, Scott slapped his hand down firmly on the padded seat arm in front of him, and said with great feeling:

“’DIMMIT!’

“I practically hit my head on the inside ceiling -- then I backed out gingerly, looked at my mom, and she said, ‘Where did he get THAT?’

“Then we both turned away from Scott and laughed as quietly as possible.”

------------------------------------------------

PRAYER REQUESTS: I’ve dedicated a new blog just for prayer requests, updates on answered prayer, and praise reports that come my way. Read them on
www.LookingUpPrayerLine.blogspot.com, and one day soon they’ll be available directly from the www.DailySusan.com website. Please keep sending your prayer needs to me and I’ll post them at least once a day on the site.

No comments: