Friday, October 14, 2005

ATTENTION!

Thursday, I admitted that I’m a control freak. Today, I also admit that I’m a scatterbrained, attention-deficit type person who has a heck of a time staying on task a lot of the time. So this joke struck me as funny:

Q. Why did the attention deficit disorder / hyperactivity person cross the road?

A. Let’s go ride our bicycles!

------------------------------------------------

Prayer request: Lord, I love watching You work in all facets of our lives. I know the earthquake in Pakistan and the hurricane in the Gulf are of far, far, far more significance, but I saw You make a move yesterday that bore profound spiritual meaning for our high-school softball team in the state softball tournament Thursday. To make a long story short, a player who did some not real sportsmanlike things, apparently on purpose, and hurt our team in the past, had the exact same things happen to her teammates at State by another team, purely by accident, and they lost their game because of it. We rejoiced that we had not retaliated against her, but had taken the high road, and then saw the fulfillment of the verse: “Vengeance belongeth unto me; I will recompense, sayeth the Lord.” – Hebrews 10:30. We rest in Your sovereignty, Father, and rejoice in how You always make things come out right. We pray for favor, a big hit for Eden, and a second straight state championship today, but bow to Your will and Your good pleasure, and trust that You and You alone have the big picture for what’s best. Play ball! (Hebrews 11:3)

No comments: