Friday, April 15, 2005

A WEED BY ANY OTHER NAME

Back and biceps are barking this morning after several hours of yardwork yesterday. What a glorious spring day for it. But I’m dog-tired, my muscles are howling, and working that hard at my age can be . . . rough, rough.

Maddy, 5, cheered me up. She dashed around, barefoot, long braid flying, green shorts outfit making her look like a tulip about to pop. She brought me countless dandelions, which she calls “flowers,” and helped me spot the rest.

She made me smile, too. “Mom! Why are you digging up the Lucky Charms?” she demanded.

Naw, these are only THREE-leaf clovers. Not the same at all.

Ohhhhh. That’s OK, then. She zoomed off.

I felt lucky and charmed, with a more cheerful attitude about weeding . . . though I’m still a crab about crabgrass.

-----------------------------------

Prayer request: We lift up for Your tender guidance this morning, Lord, a man named Patrick, who is going to see an old friend in the hospital, at her request, to explain the Gospel to her. Margie has cancer and is hemorrhaging in the brain. Oh, Jesus, prepare her heart and propel his words for direct hits, so that she will believe and be able to spend eternity with loved ones, most of all You. (John 3:3-7)

No comments: