Tuesday, April 05, 2005

ADDAMS FAMILY DÉCOR

Footnote to the Fear Factor event I chaired over the weekend for our daughter’s high school Post-Prom event:

A friend lent me her enormous, 30-gallon aquarium as a prop onstage. We filled it with water and got some special de-chlorinator juice. Then we put 750 Minnesota leeches in there, to swim around and pump up the fear and dread in the audience.

Now, I’ve always wanted to be first in the world at something. I think I’m finally there. I may be the first in world history to have uttered the following statement. Someone asked me if the leeches were for a Fear Factor event, and I replied:

“No. The leeches are for decoration.”

Oh! Yeah! Decoration! What’s next? Lampshade fringe made out of worms? Spider webs for curtains? Pig’s feet for the chair legs?

Oh, well. One woman’s decoration is another’s . . . fear factor.

------------------


Praise report: Father, we know basketball is only a game, but we praise You and thank You for the display of skill and will in the exciting NCAA finals last night. We thank You that our daughter Jordan, a senior at the University of North Carolina, got to experience the fun of celebrating a national championship at her alma mater, where she has been so happy. Lord, we know basketball isn’t that big of a deal in Your scheme of things . . . but You scored a three-pointer of blessing with this family. (Psalm 89:15,16)

No comments: