Saturday, January 01, 2005

MRS. WONDERFUL

Happy New Year! May each day of 2005 give you blessings and joy, encouragement and humor.

I gave away one of my favorite Christmas presents yesterday at a New Year’s mother-daughter catch-up lunch with two good friends. I thought it should be passed around among wives to spread the fun. It was a ‘’Mr. Wonderful’’ doll from my mom.

You squeeze him, and he says stuff like, ‘’You go ahead and take the remote, Honey. As long as I’m with YOU, I’m happy!’’ and ‘’I’m not sure where to go, so I’ll just turn in right here and ask for directions’’ and ‘’Let’s just cuddle tonight.’’

Get it? Dolls are for pretend play. We girls understand that.

Well, my New Year’s Resolution, besides exercising three times a week and cleaning out all our closets, is to be more like Mrs. Wonderful for my beloved. So I asked him this morning what kinds of things I would have to say and do.

He’s a longtime husband. So he murmured, ‘’Oh, you’re ALREADY Mrs. Wonderful. You don’t have to change a thing.’’

Girls aren’t the only ones who can pretend.

-------------------------

Prayer request: Father, I pray that this year, everyone makes a New Year’s Resolution that focuses on You and Your will for our lives. I know it would be pleasing to You if I took better care of my aging bod, and modeled better household organization to our daughters. Most of all, I know it is Your will that I be a better wife for the one You gave me. Stand with me, Lord, and strengthen me. Help me keep these promises, for my good and Your glory. (2 Timothy 4:17)


No comments: