Friday, June 02, 2006

DID YOU KNOW JESUS PLAYS GOLF?

Maddy, 6, was waxing philosophical.

“Someday, I’m going to go . . . YOU know. . .” and she stuck out her tongue sideways, and crossed her eyes looking up.

It was comical, but I tried not to laugh. “Oh, you mean you’ll be dead?” I asked gently.

“Yeah. And they’ll put me in a box and throw dirt on me,” she informed me, matter-of-factly.

I guess my face must have registered something negative, because she quickly added, “Oh, there’ll be lots of flowers and they’ll say words.”

“Words? And then what will happen?”

She stuck her arms out. “Then I’ll rise.”

“You’ll rise?”

“Yes. I’ll go to heaven. It’ll look like an enormous, bo-bormous castle. And there’ll be Jesus, on a throne so wide you can’t see either end of it.”

“Will He see you?”

“Oh, yes. He’ll say, ‘Hi, Maddy!’”

“And what will you say?”

“I’ll say, ‘Hi, Jesus! Want to play me in some GOLF?!?!”

No comments: