Tuesday, October 19, 2004

HITS AND BUNDTS

Almost lost in the excitement of last weekend’s state softball tournament was a great gift from my mother-in-law. It’s a two-piece bundt pan set shaped like two halves of a pumpkin.

You can make a pumpkin cake by baking the two halves and putting them together, then topping with drippy orange icing for a darling fall effect.

That’s the good news. The BAD news is, today is her birthday, and I don’t have ANYTHING for HER, and no ideas within miles. I hate when that happens.

I must be stuck on softball . . . but she made a HIT with that BUNDT. Now I need to hit a HOME RUN for her.

Any ideas? Like, ASAP? I’m afraid I’m going to . . . STRIKE OUT.
--------------------------

Prayer request: A little girl in Kansas named Eliza Mae has a very difficult diagnosis: anaplastic astrocytoma, a brain tumor. It’s grade III. Visit her page at caringbridge.org go to state ks and name elizamae. This little darling’s mother is the music therapist for the autistic son of one of my best friends. They’re asking for prayer support. Thank You, Lord, for making their faith so strong. They say not to worry about her because she belongs to Jesus. But we lift our hearts in prayer for this young family, plead the blood of Christ and the fullest extent of Your mercy for them, and ask that You send many friends and supporters their way. (Psalm 110:21)

No comments: