Monday, October 04, 2004

FEAR AND INTIMIDATION IN CARE BEAR UNDIES

Saturday morning was hectic. We had five visitors to our garden after having spent the day before in overdrive, harvesting gourds and veggies and tying sheets over what was left before the first frost of the fall. Then they left, and the phone rang. Then there was email to handle. Then there was laundry. Then. . . .

All this time, Maddy was in her jammies, watching the ‘toons, waiting to be served her breakfast and dressed for the day. I guess I kind of temporarily forgot about her, because at about 10 a.m., she stalked into the kitchen, naked except for her Care Bear undies, and proclaimed:

‘’I CALLED THE COPS!’’

AA-OO-GAH! I clothed her and fed her, and never did hear the sirens coming. But I bet she’s gotten them to open a child neglect file on me, downtown. I’d better watch my step.

--------------------------

Prayer request: Father, some of Your children stay home in the heartland of America and plug away at a dreary, routine, workaday existence. But SOME of Your children get to go on an exciting European vacation this week! We pray for safety and a spirit of adventure for our friend Jean and her mother as they travel to Belgium. May travel connections go smoothly, and may she not rub it in too much what a great trip it was, when she’s back. Remind us all what a refuge and vacation we have in You every day. After all, home is where the heart is. (Psalm 142:5)

No comments: