Friday, October 08, 2004

CAUGHT GREEN-HANDED

For our daughter Eden’s softball districts, I made a 15-foot tall bat out of some PVP pipe, poster board and landscaping plastic. It looked awesome. I wanted a ball to go with it, of course. A friend suggested one of those rubber bouncy balls people use for exercise. Perfect! I got a four-foot one, and spray-painted it fluorescent yellow-green, just like a softball.

I did this on Tuesday. On Wednesday, because of the rain and so forth, it wasn’t quite dry. But my husband was able to draw lacing on it and ‘’Go Antlers!’’ with a red magic marker.

At 6:30 a.m. Thursday, when I loaded the bat and ball into the back of our pickup to put up outside school, the paint was still pretty sticky. Oh, well. It still looked great.

Well, after school, I guess some boys got the ball out of its moorings and were playing with it. The principal had to come over and get them to stop.

One of Eden’s friends cracked me up when he said:

‘’Well, since it was still sticky, we know who moved it. They were caught GREEN-HANDED.’’

--------------------------

Prayer request: Thank You, Father, that Eden and her teammates played well yesterday, but they do face three tough games today. Give them a double dose of strength, and some old-fashioned luck, in today’s district finale. Reward their hard work and Godly discipline! (Proverbs 13:4)

No comments: