Friday, June 03, 2005

DID THEY TRY ARTI-FISH-IAL RESPIRATION?

We have been enjoying the antics of the new family fish. She swims left. She swims right. She swims up. She swims down. That’s about it, antics-wise. But it’ll do.

Her name has undergone a mutation, since the 5-year-old fish wrangler didn’t think “Sally” was tough enough. Now she is “Speedy.”

One can only hope that she is speedier than the other betta that Maddy has known. His name was “Cool Dude,” and he was the preschool pet for many months. But one Monday morning, the kids all came in to their room, and Cool Dude was . . . GONE!!!

Of course I had visions of a protracted deathbed, or death-aquarium scene, and heroic measures by the preschool staff involving fish CPR, somewhat complicated by litsy bitsy gills . . . but I was wrong.

Maddy informed me: “He ran away.”

-----------------------------

Prayer request: Lord, help me to think of You and put You first all day today, and to concentrate really hard on how much I love You and how much You’ve done for me. Create in me an “attitude of gratitude” and help me to love others more fully and more like You. (1 Peter 1:22)

No comments: