Monday, June 06, 2005

A BIRTHDAY WISH I WISH I HADN'T GOTTEN

Is it too much to ask for old friends to cushion the blow of a big, bad birthday with tender words of encouragement and warm wishes of happiness?

But nooooooo. My friend the nurse told me breezily that it’s time to schedule my first screening colonoscopy.

Some birthday greeting, that!

She added, “The Versed is a wonder drug but the prep to get clean is a killer.”

You know, I really, REALLY hate the word “prep” as used by medical personnel. I guess I’d rather have my birthday spankings after all.

----------------------------

Prayer request: Safe travel and a great time, Lord, for our daughter and her softball teammates at a hitting camp in Dallas for these few days. Help us teach Eden better organizational skills for her college search, and give her a determination to practice, too, so that her dream of playing college ball can come true. (Deuteronomy 11:19)

No comments: