Thursday, May 26, 2005

PAUPER BY DAY, PRINCESS BY NIGHT

OK, I admit it. I have a secret, self-centered indulgence that reveals my true nature as a spoiled egocentric:

I love Egyptian cotton bedsheets even though they cost an arm and a leg.

There. I’ve said it, and somehow, saying it makes the addiction seem less shameful and overwhelming. They should have A.A. for people like me: B.A. – Bedsheets Anonymous.

Well, the problem with such soft sheets is that they rip easily, and sure enough, ours were tattered. So I just bought a whole new set with an incredibly high thread count and pricetag.

I was standing in line with them, though, when suddenly, my pea brain perceived that the lady in line right in front of me had on THE SAME PANTS I did!!! The fabric is a riot of orange and pink floral. We got them on sale, cheap, at the same discount store a few months ago, for a fraction of what I was spending on my new bedsheets.

Wal-Mart shopper by day . . . pampered princess by night.

---------------------------------


Prayer request: Lord, I just heard about a bride whose wedding is this weekend, but her mother committed suicide last week. A brother killed himself some time ago, too. The tangle of emotions must be unbelievable. But we pray that Your love will shine through and give everyone a strong sense of peace and joy despite the circumstances. May they call upon You, and hear Your answer loud and clear. (Isaiah 58:9)

-----------------------------------

DailySusan will resume on Tuesday, May 31. Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: