Tuesday, May 24, 2005

MY NEW THEME SONG

Over the weekend, one of the softball dads had me in stitches with his take on a popular TV ad by Cingular. You know, “the dumdum ad,” where they show a guy plunging to his doom on an errant snowmobile and other dumb things, and the high-pitched, ironically cheerful background music goes, “Doot dooooooo, doot, doot, doot.”

This guy is a firefighter, and I guess when they are riding around on the truck, if they see anybody do anything stupid, they sing that little song and laugh like crazy.

I fight fires all day long, too – many of them caused by none other than me. So I have adopted that little ditty as my new theme song. I’ll try to hum it all day. It might not keep me from doing dumb things, but at least I can be ironically cheerful about it.

------------------------------------

Prayer request: We pray for the family and friends of Sarah O’Mara, Nebraska Right to Life past president and board member, who died Friday. She is described as “the smiling little lady in the wheelchair who devoted her life to the pro-life cause.” Father, into Your hands we commend this lovely spirit. (Matthew 25:21)

No comments: