Friday, May 20, 2005

A HORRIBLE BUT VERY COMMON DISEASE

I organized the neighborhood garage sale last weekend. It was a bit of work, collecting the information for ads for a dozen households and a church, making and distributing maps, having new signs made up, and putting them up around the area. To defray expenses, everyone was supposed to send me $10. I gave them a self-addressed envelope, and most stuck a check in the mail.

But one lady put cash from her sale in the envelope, and planned to drop it off to me “later.” Day after day, she would glance at it on her kitchen counter, but day after day, she was so busy she would forget to bring it with her in her car and complete the errand.

Finally, she emailed me, promising to drop it off that day. By way of apology, she explained that she has “CRS.”

I said I was sorry to hear that. I thought it was like MS or something.

But noooooooo. She explained what it is: “Can’t Remember Squat.” Or words to that effect.

AAAIIIEEE!!! I think I’ve got it, too!

----------------------


Prayer request: A very loveable but abused Chesapeake Bay retriever named Angel needs a good home, where she can be the only dog and can give and receive a lot of love. She looks like a chocolate Lab and is said to be house-trained, very good with kids and cats, and very loyal to “her” people. Her former owner drank too much, and reportedly she would growl at him to “protect” the lady of the house. So he kicked her out. What a world, Lord! This story comes through an organization called Helping Hands For Animals. Anyone who is interested in adopting her should please call (402) 426-9330 or email rosehh4a@hotmail.com. Lord God, You have someone out there for whom Angel would make the perfect companion. Holy Matchmaker, do Your blessed thing for this sweet dog. (Psalm 104:24)

No comments: