Saturday, July 08, 2006

PONDERING PODS

My beloved and I are on a walking program. It’s a great time to reconnect while enjoying the great outdoors. Except that it can also reveal that one’s spouse is deranged, odd and totally whacked out.

Or at least, I THOUGHT he was, when he started exclaiming what a GREAT idea “pods” were, how well they worked for “storage,” and how he’d been noticing them around town.

Pods? There were seed pods hanging from a nearby tree as we walked by. I peered at them as I listened to him rave about them. “Storage”? Of seeds? Whaaaat? Was he losing his mind, going on and on about pods? I wish I had a picture of my face, screwed up in confusion, next to his, rapt with enthusiasm.

Was this his idea of some kind of a prayer, thanking God for one of His designs in nature? Was he mixed up and thinking of iPods? Or had he been SMOKING pods and losing brain cells rapidly? Had he suddenly become a . . . “pod head”?

Then I finally saw what he was talking about: two large storage boxes, labeled “PODS,” sat alongside a remodeling project going on, one house over from the tree with the seed pods.

The storage pods held the homeowner’s furniture and stuff while the remodeling was going on as an on-site solution. Ohhhh. THAT’S what he meant by pods being “a great idea for storage.”

You knew it was coming. I said, “Pod’n me.”

No comments: