Friday, July 01, 2005

NOW, THAT'S LONG DISTANCE

I’ve been waiting for new cushions for our patio furniture. I picked out a great fabric and sent in the order more than a month ago. They were supposed to be in place for Father’s Day, and now here it is the 4th of July, and no cushions.

I called the store to inquire. The lady said she’d have to call the manufacturer. I smiled at the implications of what she said:

“Well, I’ll give Paradise a call, and get back to you.”

‘Course, if she asks Paradise how much longer it’s going to be for me, I’m not sure I want to know.

-----------------------------


Prayer request: The father of a relative of mine was stricken with either a stroke or a heart attack while just beginning a dream trip to Alaska. He had to be air-ambulanced back to Nebraska for long-term care. It has been several days, and his speech has not come back. O, Lord, send Your Holy Spirit to envelop and comfort Brad’s family. Give them endurance and reassurance of Your presence through this trial. Keep their faith steadfast and strong. (1 Corinthians 15:58)

No comments: