Thursday, July 07, 2005

GRETNA, I'M GLAD I MET YA

The local paper had a big banner headline about the rapid growth of what used to be a tiny little town southwest of Omaha: “Gretna feels population boom.”

They think that town may someday have 100,000 residents, which seems incredible. Throughout my lifetime it’s been considered, well, pretty podunk.

In fact, my dad used to tease my mom that if she didn’t straighten up and fly right, he’d move her out of our fine suburban house in west Omaha to “a trailer court in Gretna.”

Gee. The way it’s sounding, that might not be half bad.


--------------------------------

Prayer request: Today my friend and strong Christian sister Carol faces a court hearing on child custody and child support regarding her two younger children. The finances have been a mess throughout her divorce. Oh, Lord, we just pray that Your order and truth will prevail, and that justice will be done for this faithful mother, who works so hard and is so honest and true to You. (Psalm 125:1)

No comments: