Wednesday, June 11, 2008


If a Pumpkin Worked For Cinderella . . .

Have you seen how small some of these new cars are? Sheesh. Instead of yelling “Slug Bug!” when you see a Volkswagen Beetle, with one of these micro-mini’s you’ll have to get out a magnifying glass and yell “Germ Gotcha!”

This Halloween, after we carve out our pumpkin, we ought to put four wheels on it and add battery-powered headlights for a “Jack-o-Lantern-Mobile.” ‘Course, we can only go downhill . . . but that’s our wish for gas prices, that they would go . . . downhill.

--------------------
PRAYER REQUEST: Lord, we lift up all those people whose lives are so stressful that they descend into fits of road rage. It happened to me yesterday, a verbal attack, laced with expletives, from a woman in a quiet neighborhood who thought I was tailgating. She whipped into her own driveway, burst out of her car and ran toward mine, screaming and threatening me. I apologized, but she took it as sarcastic, and unleashed another torrent of expletives that still ring in my ears. I was so shocked and frightened, Lord. This was a nice neighborhood and she looked like a nice gal, otherwise. She definitely needs You, Jesus. Bring her to Yourself. Bring peace to those who have no peace. Keep our streets safe, and clear of threatening, irrational, aggressive drivers. Help me be a more defensive driver and better time manager, since I know I do have a tendency to drive in a rush and to tailgate from time to time. And thank You that she didn’t actually hurt me, and for letting me see one more glimpse of what the world is like and what I might be like, without Your rule. (Isaiah 55:7)

No comments: