Friday, January 21, 2011

TECHNO-KLUTZ
STRIKES AGAIN

I wrestled all morning with a confused wireless router that was messing up my email and Internet connection. I was forced to rely on trying to focus my aging eyeballs on the eentsy weentsy type on my BlackBerry. Alternately, I was sliding my formerly nicotine-stained fingers up and down my new iPad to catch up with the many, many world-changing Facebook posts I'd been missing (NOT!).

After all that multitasking, I had to buzz to the mall to get a birthday party present for our daughter. On a tight schedule, I whipped into a parking place, slammed the car door, and hustled for the mall, pushing repeatedly on the automatic doorlock device on my keychain to lock the door behind me.

Didn't hear the click. STILL didn't hear the click.

"Stupid thing's busted," I muttered . . .

. . . only to find that it was my BlackBerry in my hand, and I was hitting a button on it repeatedly that definitely did not connect to my car doorlock . . .

. . . revealing that "IT"wasn't the "stupid" thing after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful piece of writing together with truly helpful ideas. We appreciate you placing this together.