Tuesday, January 25, 2011

FALLBACK POSITION:
MYSTERIOUS UNIVERSITY IQ TEST

A young relative was worried and upset because her 2-year-old son fell in love with a pair of pink cupcake Valentine's socks in the dollar bin at Target, and was wearing them with glee.

I told her not to worry about it; I was mad at my husband when he bought our two young daughters Matchbox cars, as if he was trying to turn them into sons. Then I relaxed when I saw how they were playing with them: one little girl would stand her Matchbox car up on two tires and mince over to the other one's little car, lisping, "Hi! What's your name? I like you! Let's play together!"

They were using them like dolls, and it alllllll worked out just fine. No long-term gender confusion.

Anyway, I told my relative, you can always tell the neighbors he's wearing the pink cupcake Valentine's socks as part of a mysterious university IQ test! That always shuts 'em up.

No comments: