Tuesday, March 08, 2011

DISTRESSED BY HIS
NEVER-FAILING THRIFT

Rotten luck, having a practical-minded husband. I've made a big show of keeping a certain coffee table in storage while our new puppy, and specifically, our new puppy's TEETH, were around.

But now that she's six months old, and slightly more calmed down, for a Labrador, I mentioned that maybe it was time to put the table back in place so that the hearthroom doesn't look so much like a kennel, with dog toys everywhere and this big, empty space.

"But I'm worried," I strategically began. "If the puppy gnaws on that table, it'll be wrecked, and we've only had it for 20 years, so it's practically brand new, and I really wasn't planning on getting anoth. . . ."

He interrupted me. "Oh, no, then it would be in style: the DISTRESSED look is big."

Sighhhhhh.

No comments: