Friday, October 10, 2008

THE MIND CONTROL GUYS
ARE COMING AT 11 A.M.

Dave was walking Maddy out to the car to take her to school this morning. I called after him, "Controlled Rain is coming at 11."

Maddy's eyebrows shot up, and she beamed. "Controlled BRAIN?!?"

Yikes! I had just been researching RFID chips yesterday, and learned for the first time that the radio frequencies in those chips are thought to be able to mess with yo' mind, in a covert, neurological kind of way.

But noooooo. Controlled Rain, not Brain, is our sprinkler system company, shutting off our lawn sprinklers for the fall.

The only thing controlling MY brain is the thought of dark chocolate. Ahhhhhh! Like a zombie, a robot, my brain causes me to stagger hypnotically toward the treat drawer. . . .

2 comments:

radiodx said...

RFID won't mess with your brain. But the people on the receiving end of the data might...I can tell you more...

Susan Darst Williams said...

I'd like to know, if you can (1) keep the word count low, and (2) put the cookies down on the bottom shelf so the kiddies can get them (i.e. I'm not too techno-savvy). Thanks much.