Tuesday, May 20, 2008


The More Important It Is,
The Faster You Can Say It


Keep this in mind if you’re listening to graduation speeches this month. Oy! They do tend to go on, don’t they?

I haven’t verified the following, but these totals sound about right. Here’s hoping your graduation speakers tend more toward the top than the bottom of this list:


Pythagorean theorem: 24 words


The Lord's Prayer: 66 words


Archimedes' Principle: 67 words


The 10 Commandments: 179 words


The Gettysburg Address: 286 words


The Declaration of Independence: 1,300 words


U.S. Government regulations on the sale of cabbage: 26,911 words


----------------


Prayer Request: Dad-gum it, I've got dad-gum poison ivy on the insides of my forearms again. I wore long sleeves and gloves! But noooo. I'm super-sensitive to that darn stuff, and now am in for a couple of weeks of suffering. That gardening habit has its costs, Lord, but in Your economy, everything worthwhile usually does. Father, may the cream that I bought be highly effective, and may this bout be short-lived. May my garden beautify our little corner of the world and glorify You. Help me remember not to fear poison ivy; after all, we're not supposed to fear men, since they're just grass, too! :>) (Isaiah 51:12)

No comments: